[vbox-dev] Rosetta Support

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:20:54 GMT 2022

supporting Rosetta will be very hard (or maybe impossible), because it
works with user-space applications only. It cannot virtualize
drivers/kernel-space code/VMs.
Also Apple may drop Rosetta support like they did for PowerPC Rosetta
3 years after Intel Macs were announced.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 8:34 PM Hugo Huijser via vbox-dev
<vbox-dev at virtualbox.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been using VirtualBox for quite some time, and are in the process of moving our Mac users to Macs with Apple silicon processors.
> VirtualBox 7.0 is now supporting these new processors.
>
> My question is if there are plans to also support Rosetta in the future (similar to how UTM is supporting virtualization and Rosetta: https://docs.getutm.app/advanced/rosetta/)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hugo Huijser

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"