[vbox-dev] Build problems with 7.0.0

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Oct 24 18:03:40 GMT 2022

During our testing of the 7.0.0_BETAn releases, we were able to build VirtualBox
with no problems, but with the release of 7.0.0 and persisting through 7.0.2,
our builds fail because a non-relocatable global is trying to be linked with a
shared object. The global in question comes from the assembler code for PRT.
When that code is examined, the comments make it clear that the C version should
be used, but I have not yet found why it is not.

Are we missing some package in our build environment?

Any help will be appreciated.

Larry