[vbox-dev] linux - how to obtain extension pack compatible with build from svn source

John Lumby jlumby at bluecatnetworks.com
Mon Sep 20 17:32:15 GMT 2021

I am running linux-5.14.3  and build VirtualBox from source (in order to get the VNC server).
I hit known problems building from 6.1.26 source and so tried svn checkout of current revision 91035.
Build went perfectly including kernel modules.
I then installed the latest 6.1.26 ExtensionPack.

However startvm of any VM fails with this

Oracle VM VirtualBox Headless Interface 6.1.97
(C) 2008-2021 Oracle Corporation
All rights reserved.

Starting virtual machine:
Operation failed: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
Error: failed to start machine. Error message: Failed to construct device 'usb-ehci' instance #0 (VERR_PDM_DEVHLP_VERSION_MISMATCH)

Is there any way to get an ExtensionPack corresponding to revision 91035?   I don't see that mentioned in the wiki anywhere.

Alternatively is there some code change I can make to the revision 91035 build that makes it compatible with ExtensionPack-6.1.26?

Or must I lose USB-2?

Cheers,   John Lumby