[vbox-dev] VB xml format

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:30:15 GMT 2021

Hi,

I'm the author of the Ubuntu VirtualBox indicator and have some additional questions/clarifications please...

My indicator parses the VirtualBox configuration file at ~/.config/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml to determine the virtual machines and groups.  Using only the XMLtags ExtraDataItem where name="GUI/GroupDefinitions/*", I have assumed that:

'go=...' is a group
'm=...': is a machine UUID

I noticed between version 1.5 and 1.6 there was the addition of the value "n=GLOBAL" which I skip; I assume this is safe to do so?

As Stéphane reported below, I have not seen the name="gc=..." before and cannot reproduce this under version 1.5 or 1.6.  Can 'gc' be treated the same as 'go' (that is, a group)?

Thanks,

Bernard.