[vbox-dev] VirtualBox ignoring boot order

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Mon Sep 21 20:14:51 GMT 2020

There are some CDs that just boot straight to the first harddisk if
there's a boot record there. I suppose they do this to prevent
accidental overwriting of an existing OS, or to facilitate continuation
of the installer even if the CD is not removed after the first stage.
Some boot code asks whether to boot from harddisk or CD, sometimes with
a timeout after which it either boots from CD or harddisk automatically,
but some other CDs may not ask this question and may not even display
any message at all.

Have you tested this with different bootable CD images?

--

Ivo