[vbox-dev] Cannot compile guest additions

Frank Batschulat frank.batschulat at oracle.com
Sat Dec 26 21:44:45 GMT 2020

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 22:39:44 +0100, Dan Egli <dan at newideatest.site> wrote:

> I looked. I understand the kernel numbering structure has changed some,
> but still, 5.4.80 vs 5.10? I'm not running a 5.10 kernel, but 5.4.80.
> And that particular issue seems to address a DIFFERENT missing symbol.
> So unless I'm completely misunderstanding something (entirely possible)
> then that issue is only tangentially related to mine. I suppose I can
> attach the info to that issue and ask for help there.

right but you should better file a new bug for your specific issue
regarding
the 5.4.80 kernel. I'd expect they backported something from mainline
to that kernel which now breaks the vbox code again. 5.4 is a LTS (long
time support)
kernel release and gets backports. The bug mentioned below really is about
a much more broader series of problems with the just released 5.10 stable
branch.

--
frankB

Oracle Linux Sustaining Engineering.