[vbox-dev] Links to ExtPack downloads are not the revision-numbered ones

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:06:30 GMT 2019

On 19/Ιαν/2019, at 22:30, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Revision could change especially for self compiled OSE builds.

Alexey, I'm talking about the links on the website www.virtualbox.org, not the self-compiled ones. And there's no self-compiled ExtPack, unless you're getting your paycheck from Oracle... ;)

I went to the web.archive.org and it seems that this behavior changed somewhere between 5.2.8 and 5.2.10.  Check the links here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180301041632/https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

for the ExtPack with the revision in the filename:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180301041632/https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.8/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.8-121009.vbox-extpack

versus here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180430210412/https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

for the ExtPack without the revision in the name:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180430210412/https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.10/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.10.vbox-extpack

I know it's splitting hairs right now, I just thought it was weird and something I might have missed. I always thought the revision to be part of the download filename, just like the main VirtualBox modules are.

Socratis