[vbox-dev] Problem building VirtualBox on Fedora 29

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Nov 17 14:23:53 GMT 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-16 at 16:26 +0100, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Thanks.  Wouldn't that suppress building debug packages altogether
> though?  That is not what we want.

I though the same , I can't find a way to just ignore one debug package
(I haven't much time either) , so for now or we enable all debuginfo
packages [1] or we disable it all .

[1]
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sergiomb/vboxfor23/build/822330

> (On that subject, to anyone reading - we do not provide a server with
> debug packages for various technical reasons, but we can provide them
> individually to anyone who might need them for debugging something.)

More inline answers below.

> Regards
> Michael
>
> 16.11.18 15:23, Sergio wrote:
> >  %global debug_package %{nil} ?
> >
> > Sent from my AndroidEm 16/11/2018 11:54, Michael Thayer <michael.th
> > ayer at oracle.com> escreveu:
> > >
> > > Hello Sérgio,
> > >
> > > Since you probably know more about rpmbuild than I ever will, I
> > > was
> > > wondering if you have any idea about the following.  As per bug
> > > ticket
> > > 18113[1], when I try to build using our rpm scripts (done by
> > > running
> > > "rpm/rules binary" in src/VBox/Installer/linux)

What changes in this script ? last time I followed Debian package .
I'm asking because is not easy find 6 BETA2 source code and compare
with actual code ...

Thanks

--
Sérgio M. B.