[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 5.2.16 released

Gianfranco Costamagna locutusofborg at debian.org
Mon Jul 23 09:36:26 GMT 2018

Hello,

>As I'm a packager and part of one Linux distribution (Fedora / EPEL 7),
>I'm curious, if we have any change to do ? or what we have new ? or
>what changed ?

1) a build fix I had to do in Debian is now upstream
https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-virtualbox-team/virtualbox/blob/3b2e9ba99a6ded010e662add9a2db408881b0f1c/debian/patches/fix-build.patch

2) an issue wrt new stable binutils (commit
451875b4f976a527395e9303224c7881b65e12ed)

this broke virtualbox, patch is in 5.2.16
https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-virtualbox-team/virtualbox/blob/3b2e9ba99a6ded010e662add9a2db408881b0f1c/debian/patches/plt-upstream-fix.patch

3) libopus detection to enable videorec with system libopus in OSE mode
https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-virtualbox-team/virtualbox/blob/3b2e9ba99a6ded010e662add9a2db408881b0f1c/debian/patches/videorec.patch

and probably something more is coming, e.g. a build fix with python3.7, some new java fixes, detection for gcc 8
(you can already find patches on Debian git)

cheers,

Gianfranco