[vbox-dev] Virtualbox detect script for videorec/opus libraries

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 17 19:13:36 GMT 2018

On 04/23/2018 11:02, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hello, I crafted a patch to detect system libraries to enable again videorec when OSE is enabled and the system version
>
> of opus is found.
>
> MIT attached patch

It seems the patch was introduced in 5.2.16.  Unfortunately, it broke
FreeBSD port.  I found couple of problems from this change.

+#include <opus/opus.h>

It must be "#include <opus.h>" because "pkg-config -cflags" says
"-I${includedir}/opus", i.e.,

https://git.xiph.org/?p=opus.git;a=blob;f=opus.pc.in;h=6946e7de5c903250f90ec2b0932b034c69e9f963;hb=HEAD#l16

Actually, src/VBox/Main/src-client/DrvAudioVideoRec.cpp does it, too.

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Main/src-client/DrvAudioVideoRec.cpp#L102

+  check_libopus

We should check whether libopus is needed in the first place.  I think
something like this should do:

  [ $OSE -eq 0 -a "$OS" != "win" ] && check_libopus

Jung-uk Kim