[vbox-dev] [Virtualbox-SVN][Archlinux][Qt 5.11.1]Qt FATAL: FATAL: The application binary appears to be running setuid, this is a security hole.

Winston W winstonvboxdev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:44:27 GMT 2018

Hi all,

I come across a problem that prevents Virtualbox SVN from running in
Arch Linux with Qt 5.11.1. Compilation and installation are successful,
but virtualbox will not start as Qt will complain

Qt FATAL: FATAL: The application binary appears to be running setuid,
this is a security hole.

The premission of the virtualbox is set to be 4755.

The PKGBUILD and the patches files are here:

https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/tree/master/virtualbox-svn

It is the same as the official package of virtualbox in archlinux, but I
found no problem in the official package.

Winston