[vbox-dev] Nested Virtualization on AMD ???

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:29:51 GMT 2018

> On 19/Δεκ/2018, at 05:07, Ananth Pallapothu <apallapothu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried different Hypervisor inside VirtualBox guest VM ?

Ananth, besides the developer team and Allan, I haven't heard of anyone actually _knowing_ about that feature, so why don't you be one the first "man on the moon" (so to speak) and let us know?

> I tested this with my Ryzen 7 desktop. Running Fedora 29 as desktop,
> with Fedora 29 in a Vbox guest, and running RHEL 8 beta in a guest
> under that seems to work pretty good :-) Mouse seemed to be a not
> working good - but that is most likely just problems with RHEL beta 8
> itself.
>
>   Allan.

Allan, that would make *you* actually the Neil Armstrong of nesting, and if Ananth makes it, they're going to be the "Buzz Alrdin" :D

Congrats!

Socratis

PS. I think I'm going to open a new thread in the forums: "Successes (and fails) with nested virtualization". Look under the "Using VirtualBox" section!