[vbox-dev] patch for " Shanghai " cpu can't use virtualbox

callmejourney at sina.com callmejourney at sina.com
Fri Dec 14 01:38:32 GMT 2018

Hi,
I'm new to this,so I apologise in advance if I break any protocols or make any mistakes.I am currently working for Shanghai Zhaoxin Semiconductor Co., Ltd. When we use virtualbox on Zhaoxin X86 cpu,it can't run. So to support virtualbox can normal use on "  Shanghai  "CPU,I add some codes(based on version: virtualbox5.2.22) to solve the problem.
I've given this minimal testing used patched code by use ubuntu 14.04.5,it can use normally on Shanghai Zhaoxin  X86 CPU.Please find attached a patch for resolving a problem that virtualbox can't create or boot vm on "  Shanghai  "cpu.Patch code and test result in the attachment.All attached code is released under the MIT License.
Thanks for taking a look!I apologize again if disturbed!

Best Regards!
JourneyRen

Shanghai Zhaoxin Semiconductor Co., Ltd. ("Zhaoxin") is a state-owned company established in 2013 and a leading domestic IC design house, where headquartered in Zhangjiang, Shanghai, with R&D centers and domestic branch offices in Beijing, Wuhan, Shenzhen and Xi’an.The company website address:http://en.zhaoxin.com/Default.aspx