[vbox-dev] Linux-4.12-rc1 and rc2 not working as vbox guest ?

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed May 24 14:31:01 GMT 2017

Hi,

On 24-05-17 16:02, Michael Thayer wrote:
> 24.05.2017 15:16, Hans de Goede wrote:
> [...]
>> I cannot get a Fedora 26 guest to boot with either distro-provided or
>> self-built 4.12-rc# kernels, the distro-provided 4.11 kernel works fine.
>>
>> After selecting a 4.12# kernel in the grub menu the vm shows an empty
>> text screen with a cursor in the top left corner and then just hangs.
>>
>> Anyone know how to fix this ? This is with VirtualBox 5.1.22 on a Fedora
>> host.
>
> Hello Hans,
>
> Downloading F26 alpha now to take a look.  Did you try a serial console redirected to a host file to get early boot messages?

No, I did try removing quiet and rhgb from the kernel cmdline and then I did
get one line of "Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)" so the kernel can display
early boot messages on the vga console just fine (as expected) but after that
it just hangs.

> And I am back at work now and hope look at your patches soon!

Great!

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Is there any way to send ctrl + alt + F2 (or any F-key for that matter)
to the vm ?