[vbox-dev] Linux-4.12-rc1 and rc2 not working as vbox guest ?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed May 24 14:02:43 GMT 2017

24.05.2017 15:16, Hans de Goede wrote:
[...]
> I cannot get a Fedora 26 guest to boot with either distro-provided or
> self-built 4.12-rc# kernels, the distro-provided 4.11 kernel works fine.
>
> After selecting a 4.12# kernel in the grub menu the vm shows an empty
> text screen with a cursor in the top left corner and then just hangs.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this ? This is with VirtualBox 5.1.22 on a Fedora
> host.

Hello Hans,

Downloading F26 alpha now to take a look.  Did you try a serial console
redirected to a host file to get early boot messages?

And I am back at work now and hope look at your patches soon!

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697