[vbox-dev] Additions: linux/drm: Change vbox_*.c to kernel coding style set 2

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Jun 14 14:52:17 GMT 2017

Hello Hans,

14.06.2017 15:36, Hans de Goede wrote:
[Discussion of converting vboxvideo to kernel coding style.]
> Given Sean Paul's comments on the dri-devel list, I plan to also
> convert the files which in the staging submission sit under the
> osindepdent dir to the kernel coding style.
>
> If you want I can submit a patch switching the drm code in svn
> over to use the cleaned-up files rather then the shared ones,
> that way it will stay relatively close the code going upstream
> and it should be easier to keep things in sync.
>
> With the downside that any changes to the once shared files would
> need to be done in 2 places.
>
> I've a feeling these files don't change a lot though
> and having the code in vbox svn also use separate kernel-coding
> style copies of these files also should make it easier to
> reproduce bugs seen upstream with the svn code and the other
> way around, so all in all I personally think it would be
> best to also move the code in svn over to using stand-alone
> cleaned up copies of these files. Either way let me know
> how you want to move forward with this.

I still have to talk to my colleagues to decide what we will do, but a
patch would certainly be of interest if that doesn't create too much
effort for you.  Let's at least try to see that we get a good logical
mapping between the two (not necessarily file for file, but at lease
function for function and structure for structure).

Thanks
Michael

--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697