[vbox-dev] New kernel error message when running 4.13 as guest

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Jul 27 06:28:09 GMT 2017

Hi Hans,

see function apic_check_deadline_errata() in arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c: This
message is printed if Linux is running on certain Intel CPU families if the
determined microcode version is less than a certain value. As the determined
microcode version is always 0 on VirtualBox, Linux will always complain when
running on one of the listed Intel CPU families.

Kind regards,

Frank