[vbox-dev] Enabling 3D acceleration with VBoxOGL and VBoxECL

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Feb 17 21:50:30 GMT 2017

An openSUSE user has filed a bug regarding the lack of 3D acceleration in
guests. I have followed the various discussions regarding this issue and I now
have most of the parts in our guest packages. My main remaining problem is that
"/usr/bin/VBoxClient --check3d" returns nothing. For my current testing, I have
removed that test from my vboxadd shell, but I will need to solve the problem
before I can push the changes.

I looked at the VBoxClient code, but quickly got lost. What are the requirements
for a non-NULL response for the command?

Thanks,
Larry