[vbox-dev] (Bug?)VT-Bit

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Feb 3 18:27:04 GMT 2017

Ivo,

your comment is correct, but there's no point in this case. Recent
VirtualBox versions on macOS simply require VT-x and can't do software
virtualization. That's why the tab is greyed out there. You could beat
on the config any way you like, it would still use VT-x. Even if you
somehow manage to get around the sanity checks and hardcoded values, all
you can achieve is that the VM wouldn't run.

Too much effort to describe the reason in detail, but it has to do with
compilers and other macOS specific stuff.

All Apple boxes have CPUs with VT-x, which gives us the option to leave
out the whole software virtualization blob.

Klaus