[vbox-dev] how to build virtualbox 5.2 with Ubuntu xenial?

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:17:10 GMT 2017

> On 12/Δεκ/2017, at 20:11, Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org> wrote:
>
> hello, it worked, after adding -std=c++11 to the qt linking flags

Hmm... I run into this when I was trying to compile an experimental build of VirtualBox with the Qt5.7 toolkit on OSX 10.9. It was complaining that the compiler wasn't C++11 compatible (which it completely is). But, no matter what I threw at it, it would complain again at a later stage, and abort the compilation half-way. I aborted too... ;)

At least I wasn't alone. While researching for this I found that the Qt5.7 version broke a lot of projects out there...

Socratis