[vbox-dev] Enhancement

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Wed Aug 30 22:53:27 GMT 2017

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 19:42:03 +0100
Malcolm Clarke <malcolm.clarke at brunel.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Frank
>
> I am using VBOX to support a non GUI server (FreeBSD). It would be
> nice if VBOX could support a simple paste function, where any text in
> the clipboard could be input to the command line as if it had been
> typed at the keyboard. E.g. I will look up a FreeBSD command using
> the web browser on my host and want to execute this on the FreeBSD
> server. Currently I have to type this, and this can be error prone
> for complex command lines.
>
> Regards
>
> Malcolm

Malcom;

This already possible! And is not something that "needs to be
implemented" in VBOX.

You can do this from your desktop (graphic) of whatever OS you
are using. It is a desktop feature.

I use FreeBSD with a KDE console (kconsole) to ssh into the guest vm. It
could be Windows + putty or MacOS + terminal. Doesn't matter.

Once the ssh is established, whatever you have in the clipboard can be
pasted into the terminal session window, no matter how long or complex.

I believe this more of question for the users list. I would suggest
that next time you try there first.

Just my 0,02 cents.

BW,

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."