[vbox-dev] Question about audio in SVN

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Mon Sep 26 13:09:02 GMT 2016

Greetings,

Host is Linux 64-bit Debian based with any guest. Host audio is Pulse.

I have been watching the work on the audio section and wonder if I have
a build env issue or if it is just the work being done. For some time
now I have not been able to get the audio to work in guests when using
AC-97 and with the Intel HD Audio I can get sound but the audio lags the
video by .500.  I have tried enabling HPET but this has no effect. I was
going to try adding VBOX_WITH_AUDIO_STABLE := 1 to LocalConfig.kmk but
it looks like that has been eliminated.

This is true with Web browser videos as well as watching a video on
local LAN. VLC was where I was able to adjust the audio sync to find the
.500 deviation.

So the question is do I have an issue with my build env or is this just
due to the work being done?

Regards,

Perry