[vbox-dev] Configure error: kmk (variable KBUILDDIR) not found

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Sep 26 06:44:12 GMT 2016

Hi Federico,

On Freitag, 23. September 2016 13:33:29 CEST Federico Franzoni wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm getting an error when trying to configure the vbox builder:
>
> '
> Checking for environment: Determined build machine: linux.amd64, target
> machine: linux.amd64, OK.
> Checking for kBuild:
>    ** kmk (variable KBUILDDIR) not found!
> '
>
> I made the configure step hundreds of times and never had this problem.
> I'm working on Fedora 23 64-bit.
> I already configured and built vbox on this same machine, and I still
> can, but if I try the configure step it fails as above.
>
> The only thing I can guess is I accidentally removed some package, but I
> can't figure out which one.
> I tried searching for a solution online but I found nothing helpful.
> Can you please help me?

could you check if you can execute ./kBuild/bin/linux.amd64/kmk? Does

  ./kBuild/bin/linux.amd64/kmk -v

show the version information?

Btw, for posting questions on mailing lists, please NEVER use an existing
thread for posting a new question (don't use the 'Reply' button).

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München