[vbox-dev] [PROPOSAL] Userdata Interface

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Thu Sep 15 07:12:22 GMT 2016

VirtualBox has Guest Properties, which I think are very similar to
VMware's GuestVariables. You can use Guest Properties via the command
line: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=10823

Or via the COM API:
https://www.virtualbox.org/sdkref/interface_i_machine.html#a9f2fffade4b897eb659cc4602694676d

On the guest side you'll probably need the VirtualBox Guest Additions
including its kernel module to be able to access the properties.

--

Ivo