[vbox-dev] Linux guest: two framebuffer devices? Is it possible?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Tue Sep 6 09:13:07 GMT 2016

Hello Jan,

I think you asked about this on IRC yesterday.  The first file that you
mention is part of the Linux drm driver (the rest is the other files in
that folder).  I wrote the driver, based on in-kernel ones, but I am not
an expert in the kernel drm subsystem, and in particular I only use the
basic kernel fbdev translation functions to provide the framebuffer
driver.  You would probably be better asking on the dri-devel list<1>
about what to change to get one fbdev device per head.  You might be in
luck and there might be a simple solution.

Regards,

Michael