[vbox-dev] Synchronizing access to the framebuffer in VirtualBox 5

Rūdolfs Bundulis rudolfs.bundulis at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:00:32 GMT 2016

Hi Vitali,

thank you for replying to this since this issue really does bother me. We
are processing them in a different thread - we used to do that directly in
the callback, but if the updates are frequent we cannot achieve a
normalized frame rate for the encoded video stream of the desktop (and also
we start to slow down the machine - running RGB to NV12 conversions for a
9600x5400 screen take some time, and if more than a single update occurs
between two frames with a given rate there is not much sense running the
conversion twice). Now we simply push the corrdinates from NotifyUpdate in
a list, which is processed from another thread based on a timer which gives
us normalized encoding times.

So with such a scenario in mind - any ideas? :)