[vbox-dev] Implications of changing the XML version

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Jul 21 15:13:26 GMT 2016

Hi Socratis,

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 10:11:19 CEST Kalogrianitis Socratis wrote:
> I found a bug in VBox 5.1 where if the .vbox version is 1.13 or 1.14
> (<VirtualBox xmlns="http://www.virtualbox.org/" version="1.14-macosx">) the
> <Audio> section of the configuration gets "messed up". Most of the times it
> gets deleted (if the controller is set to AC97). It doesn't happen if the
> version is 1.12 or 1.15.
>
> One workaround is to manually change the XML version to 1.15. That seems to
> fix/prevent it. The question is: does that affect other aspects of the
> configuration? In what ways?
>
> I wanted to get a feeling about that before I posted this in the forums, so
> I won't be misleading other users into doing something that might turn out
> to be problematic.

just for the record (Klaus mentioned this already in the forums), this
bug should be fixed in the current repository.

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München