[vbox-dev] Linux guest why change SONAME in Linux for VBoxOGL and VBoxEGL ?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Tue Jul 12 06:28:08 GMT 2016

Hello Sérgio,

Adding the list back on in case this can benefit someone else.

On 11.07.2016 22:59, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Seg, 2016-07-11 at 22:37 +0200, Michael Thayer wrote:
>>> I remove all mesa bundle sources from VirtualBox , and compile with
>>> mesa of the system

Forgot to say here - our 3D support is now completely independent of Mesa.

>> I would be interested to know how you are building and installing
>> the
>> Additions.  I assume not using our shell script installer.
>
> yes, the link https://github.com/rpmfusion/VirtualBox have all sources
> of rpm package , https://github.com/rpmfusion/VirtualBox/blob/master/Vi
> rtualBox.spec#L661-L675
>
> dnf repoquery -l VirtualBox-guest-additions-0:5.0.24-1.fc23.x86_64
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/98vboxadd-xclient.sh
> /etc/xdg/autostart/vboxclient.desktop
> /usr/bin/VBoxClient
> /usr/bin/VBoxClient-all
> /usr/bin/VBoxControl
> /usr/lib/modules-load.d/VirtualBox-guest.conf
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/vboxservice.service
> /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/60-vboxguest.rules
> /usr/lib64/VBoxEGL.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGL.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLarrayspu.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLcrutil.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLerrorspu.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLfeedbackspu.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLpackspu.so
> /usr/lib64/VBoxOGLpassthroughspu.so
> /usr/lib64/security/pam_vbox.so
> /usr/sbin/VBoxService
> /usr/sbin/mount.vboxsf
> /usr/share/licenses/VirtualBox-guest-additions
> /usr/share/licenses/VirtualBox-guest-additions/COPYING
> /usr/share/licenses/VirtualBox-guest-additions/COPYING.CDDL

How does an application using 3D load VBoxOGL.so and VBoxEGL.so if
relevant when you install your package?  With our set-up we add a path
to the front of the library search list so that they are found before
the Mesa libraries (with which, as you saw, they share the soname).  I
presume you use a different method for getting them loaded.

Regards,

Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697