[vbox-dev] Linux guest why change SONAME in Linux for VBoxOGL and VBoxEGL ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Jul 11 19:14:33 GMT 2016

Hello ,
Can you take a look on this patch: https://github.com/rpmfusion/Virtual
Box/blob/master/VirtualBox-5.0.22-guest_soname.patch

Not using this patch makes VirtualBox-guest-additions provides
/usr/lib64/VBoxOGL.so

"both EGL and GL are replaced, the name of the path name doesn't count,
only the internal soname count (readelf -a /usr/lib64/VBoxEGL.so |grep
SONAME)"
"for now we can't provide this package, you will need to filter theses
dependencies and make sure they will confict with other libgl providers
(such as nvidia) "

So I made this patch , any feedback is welcome

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.