[vbox-dev] C++ COM Glue API

Sara Golemon sara at platform.sh
Tue Dec 20 18:02:17 GMT 2016

Section 2.3.3 of the SDKRef.pdf[1] guide states: "Since COM and XPCOM are
conceptually very similar but vary in the implementation details, we have
created a “glue” layer that shields COM client code from these differences."
but makes no further mention of where to find this glue API.  The SDK
bundle[2] does contain several directories named "glue", however none which
relate to a C++ API.

2.3.3 subsection 1 goes on to state: "To hide these differences, the
VirtualBox glue code provides the COMGETTER(attrib) and
COMSETTER(attrib) macros."
so I tried greping the SDK[2] for the string "COMGETTER", however this does
not appear anywhere.

I've been able to use the CAPI glue successfully, but as I'd prefer to use
C++, I'm hoping someone can point me to the right SDK.

Thanks in advance,
-Sara Golemon

[1] http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/SDKRef.pdf
[2]