[vbox-dev] custom frontend

Philip Weimann p.weimann at sirrix.com
Fri Nov 6 14:51:52 GMT 2015

Hi List,

I'm currently developing a custom frontend for virtualbox (v5) to grab
textures from virtual machines and provide this data using a shared
memory interface. Another application will be used for rendering the
textures.

I've already taken a look at the VBoxSDL frontend but the SDL library
seems to be a big overhead for my purpose. What I'm searching for is a
possibility to set(or get) a pointer to memory where virtualbox stores
the textures.

Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but neither IDisplay nor the
attached IFramebuffer seems to provide the texture data.

It would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Philip