[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 18:49:46 GMT 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the hint.

Just to make sure, I re-tried with all the available adapter types, but
although all the Intel PRO adapters and the virtio adapter all result in a
configured interface, the results are the same: ping/icmp works in bridged
mode, but tcp (wget google.com) fails/hangs. When specifying either of the
PCnet adapters, I get no configured interface in my guest os (ip link
doesnt show any devices) but I guess thats an entirely different issue. ;)

- Maarten