[vbox-dev] 'bridged adapter' issue.

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:58:40 GMT 2015

Hi,

I can access (tried ping) to both other guest's on the the same (bridged)
network, as well as the host OS on the same network.

Also, I can reproduce it with both VirtualBox 5 as well as 4.3.30 and
4.3.28. The issue you mention seems to have been introduced with VirtualBox
5 ?

Also, I seem to be getting other odd behavior, where the ping command by
hostname seems to resolve the address correctly (although slowly), but icmp
seems to fail :

$ ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (173.194.65.106) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
44 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 43024ms

As at the same time, the host command seems to fail completely :

$ host www.google.com
;; connection timed out; trying next origin

- Maarten