[vbox-dev] IDHCPServer: passing in multiple domain name servers

Anna Fischer a.fischer at sirrix.com
Tue Dec 8 12:41:05 GMT 2015

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to program my IDHCPServer to serve a list of DNS servers to the VM. I use the IDHCPServer::addGlobalOption method, and call it twice with DhcpOpt_DomainNameServer as DhcpOpt value to define primary and secondary DNS servers for my VM. However, it seems as if the VM only receives the first DNS server via the DHCP reply. Is it not support to serve multiple DNS servers, or am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks,
Anna Fischer