[vbox-dev] Latest virtualbox 5.0.2 fails to build from source on Debian i386, padding error.

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 17 10:13:50 GMT 2015

Hi Frank,

>could you post the AutoConfig.kmk file which is generated during the build?
>And do you have a LocalConfig.kmk file as well? I would like to see both
>because I assume that you are using settings different from our build boxes.

Sure:

this is the build invocation
. out/env.sh && $(MAKE) \
AUTOCFG=$(abspath out/AutoConfig.kmk) \
LOCALCFG=$(abspath debian/LocalConfig.kmk) \
PATH_OUT=$(abspath out) \
TOOL_YASM_AS=yasm \
VBOX_USE_SYSTEM_XORG_HEADERS=1 \
VBOX_BUILD_PUBLISHER=_$(DIST_NAME) \
VBOX_WITH_REGISTRATION_REQUEST= \
VBOX_WITH_UPDATE_REQUEST= \
KBUILD_VERBOSE=2 \
VBOX_WITH_VMSVGA= \
VBOX_WITH_VMSVGA3D=

(hint: I disabled VMSVGA* because of CVEs, and looking at the struct seems that this
might be the cause)

cat debian/LocalConfig.kmk
VBOX_WITH_ADDITION_DRIVERS =
VBOX_WITH_INSTALLER = 1
VBOX_WITH_LINUX_ADDITIONS = 1
VBOX_WITH_X11_ADDITIONS = 1
VBOX_WITH_TESTCASES =
VBOX_WITH_TESTSUITE =
VBOX_WITH_ORIGIN :=
VBOX_PATH_APP_PRIVATE_ARCH := /usr/lib/virtualbox
VBOX_PATH_SHARED_LIBS := $(VBOX_PATH_APP_PRIVATE_ARCH)
VBOX_WITH_RUNPATH := $(VBOX_PATH_APP_PRIVATE_ARCH)
VBOX_PATH_APP_PRIVATE := /usr/share/virtualbox
VBOX_PATH_APP_DOCS = /usr/share/doc/virtualbox
VBOX_WITH_VBOXBFE :=
VBOX_JAVA_HOME := /usr/lib/jvm/default-java

I'm attaching both AutoConfig.kmk for am64 and i386

thanks

Gianfranco