[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Windows build instructions

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:46:27 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Valery Ushakov <uwe at stderr.spb.ru> wrote:

> Maarten Hoes wrote:
>
> > Oops. Looks like I spoke a little too soon :
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Maarten Hoes wrote:
> >
> >> Also, I uninstalled the debug build and re-installed 5.0 with the same
> >> results : failing old vm's and a working new vm
> >
> > back on version 5.0, the 'new' vm has a somewhat broken network
> > connection: sometimes the ping works, and sometimes it fails; or
> > takes a while before it starts to work.
>
> Stupid question, have you tried rebooting your wifi router?

Actually, no I havent tried that before. But now that I have, the
intermittent ping work/fail issue seems to be resolved (thanks for the
suggestion); although that could be due to other reasons I guess. Which
brings me back to 'old' vm's not working, and a 'new' vm that does work: on
v 5.0.

Delays and intermittent failures in ping or other connections - I
> fixed a problem like that with ARP rewriting for bridged-to-wifi some
> time ago.  Do you by any chance running a wireshark on the host
> interface while doing that test?  There's a bug in new NDIS6 bridged
> driver that causes it to incorrectly reflect rewritten packets back to
> the guest (bridged to wifi) and the guest sees its own ARP or ND6 with
> hosts MAC and interprets that as duplicate address conflict.

No, I was not running wireshark during those tests.

- Maarten