[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Windows build instructions

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Aug 5 07:03:49 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 00:27:53 Maarten Hoes wrote:
> Also, this :
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I ended up modifying a lot of places on .kmk files, and even vs 2010
> > header files to make it to compile.
>
> Im certainly no dev, but it appears to me that the building procedure and
> toolchain for building on windows is in desperate need of some love and
> attention.

VirtualBox builds very well on Windows if you use VC++ 2010 without any
modification. Therefore I wouldn't say there is a desperate need.

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher