[vbox-dev] Latest build r52576

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Thu Sep 4 20:05:08 GMT 2014

Hello Perry,

On 04.09.2014 02:29, Perry Halbert wrote:
> Guest = Ubuntu 14.10 X64
> Guest additions build and do not show install error in terminal but the
> video does not work properly at all.  Resize causes a black screen and
> can not be forced to return.  I noticed something in the install log
> that I can't seem to correct.
>
> vboxvideo.ko:
> Running module version sanity check.
>   - Original module
>     - No original module exists within this kernel
>   - Installation
>     - Installing to /lib/modules/3.16.0-12-generic/updates/dkms/
>
> *sed: -e expression #1, char 6: unknown command: `m'*
> depmod....
>
> Any suggestions?

Regarding the sed issue, see here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dkms/+bug/1358373
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/13097

I don't think that is related to your problem though.  Do I understand
correctly that everything works find until you first resize the guest
window?  For the record I am working on that code just now.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher