[vbox-dev] Support for out-of-source builds

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Nov 24 08:59:10 GMT 2014

> You can create a LocalConfig.kmk file and put the value you like in there.
> Or pass it straight to kmk.

Would it help to mention these possibilities a bit more in a wiki article?
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux%20build%20instructions

>> Can it become easier to choose a different output folder?
>
> Right now I don't see a need to make this easier,

How can corresponding build parameters be configured if you would dare to store
all your source files into a read-only directory hierarchy?
Can the needed settings be achieved without the provided script?

> given that no one besides you asked for it

Interesting ...
I became used to work with parallel build trees.

> (at least no such requests were brought to my attention).

I am curious if an interest will grow for better and safer build configurations.

Regards,
Markus