[vbox-dev] Support for out-of-source builds

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Tue Nov 18 16:37:59 GMT 2014

On 18.11.2014 10:20, Markus Elfring wrote:
>> You can override the make variable PATH_OUT_BASE with whatever directory
>> you want, if you want to keep the directory structure underneath
>> (separating platforms etc.), or PATH_OUT if you want the build location
>> to be completely custom.
>
> How can these variables be adjusted by a parameter from your configure script?

They can't do this yet with the simple minded configure script. If
anyone wants to contribute improvements we're always listening.

You can create a LocalConfig.kmk file and put the value you like in
there. Or pass it straight to kmk. There are several ways.

> Can it become easier to choose a different output folder?

Right now I don't see a need to make this easier, given that no one
besides you asked for it (at least no such requests were brought to my
attention).