[vbox-dev] Change setting with java Main API

Federica Renzi renzi.fede at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:07:11 GMT 2014

thanks for your response!
Well...I tried to use LockType.Shared but It doesn't let me to save setting
( The function "saveSettings" returned an error condition: "The machine is
not mutable (state is Running)")

Yes, The machine is running under my control (in theory), because I started
it up using java Main Api.
I really would like to change some setting while it is running but I don't
understand if it's possible.

> Use LockType.Shared instead - some other process must already be using the
> VM (is it running?)
>

> On 29 May 2014 10:12, Federica Renzi <renzi.fede at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'm trying to change some VM setting during the execution of virtualbox.
>> I read in SDK documentation that it's possible only locking the machine and
>> saving its state, otherwise no change will be performed.
>>
>> I tried to achieve it using java api (com-xpcom glue) and custumize
>> TestVBox.java, but I fall into these errors:
>>
>>    - if I write
>>    m.lockMachine(sess, LockType.fromValue(2)); // lock write
>>    The function "lockMachine" returned an error condition: "The machine
>>    'NAME' is already locked for a session (or being unlocked)" (0x80bb0007)
>>
>>    - if I write
>>    sess.unlockMachine();
>>    The function "unlockMachine" returned an error condition: "The
>>    session is not locked (session state: Unlocked)" (0x8000ffff)
>>
>>    - if I write directly (without any lock command)
>>    m.saveSettings();
>>    The function "saveSettings" returned an error condition: "The machine
>>    is not mutable (state is Running)" (0x80bb0002)
>>

>> How could I solve it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Federica Renzi