[vbox-dev] Shared folders on 64bit Xubuntu

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Wed May 7 09:25:10 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've used VirtualBox on Ubuntu and shared folders was working, but few years
ago I switch to Xubuntu (64bit version) and how they don't work. My old Win
XP that share /home/kuba/shared -> kuba don't work. The same on new machine
that I've just created, I've search the net and didn't find any clue why it's
happening.

When I open \\VBOXSVR my folder appear, but when I've try to access it I got
error:

    \\VBOXSVR\kuba is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find
    out if you have access permisions.

    The parameter is incorrect.

I've try to set permission to 777 and 755 and I still have the same error.

Anybody know, why is this happening?

--
𝑱𝒂𝒌𝒖𝒃 𝑱𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒆𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒛 (𝑊𝑒𝑏 𝐷𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑟)
http://jcubic.pl