[vbox-dev] IPS package

Shahid shahidfromkgp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:00:08 GMT 2014

Hi Ram,

Please suggest a solution to make my mouse work on my VM4.3.10 the latest
one.

Environment: Host WIN7
VM: Oracle VM4.3.10
OS on VM:  Ubunto 12.04.

I have tried many option but still no result, Installed Guest Additions as
well earlier but still my mouse not works on Ubunto screen.

Thanks & Regards
Shahid
Mob #8017625345

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Ramshankar <
ramshankar.venkataraman at oracle.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Thanks for the work and the heads up, but before I look into this, a
> couple of questions:
>
> 1. Does the installation work without requiring reboots (drivers are
> loaded and active after installation)?
>
> 2. Does upgrading VirtualBox versions work without requiring reboots (old
> drivers are unloaded, removed and new ones are installed and loaded) ?
>
> Regards,
> Ram.
>
> On 03/30/2014 03:42 PM, Thomas Gouverneur wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm writing today because I've been asked some time ago to write a
> converter from SVR to IPS packages for VirtualBox to allow the installation
> of VirtualBox and of the extension pack through IPS. I wonder now if this
> work can be useful upstream too?!
>
> I published the scripts there: https://github.com/tgouverneur/VBox-SVR2IPS
> And an example repository can be found there: http://mdma.igh.cnrs.fr/vbox/en/catalog.shtml?show_all_versions=1&action=Refresh
>
> The repository has been built with the VirtualBox.org's packages converted using the scripts present inside the GitHub repository listed below.
>
> NOTE: This repo has only been tested with Solaris 11.1.
>
> Any idea with who I could start the discussion to see what would those package be missing to allow a possible upstream adoption, so we can all have IPS upstream packages of VirtualBox in the future?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Thomas

Thanks & Regards.
Shahid.
Software Engineer at Nokia Research Center,Nokia India pvt. Ltd
Bangalore
Mobile:+91-9972247773