[vbox-dev] IPS package

Thomas Gouverneur list at espix.net
Sun Mar 30 13:42:44 GMT 2014

Hi!

I'm writing today because I've been asked some time ago to
write a converter from SVR to IPS packages for VirtualBox to allow the
installation of VirtualBox and of the extension pack through IPS. I
wonder now if this work can be useful upstream too?!

I published the
scripts there: https://github.com/tgouverneur/VBox-SVR2IPS
And an
example repository can be found there:
http://mdma.igh.cnrs.fr/vbox/en/catalog.shtml?show_all_versions=1&action=Refresh

The
repository has been built with the VirtualBox.org's packages converted
using the scripts present inside the GitHub repository listed
below.

NOTE: This repo has only been tested with Solaris 11.1.

Any
idea with who I could start the discussion to see what would those
package be missing to allow a possible upstream adoption, so we can all
have IPS upstream packages of VirtualBox in the
future?

Thanks,

--Thomas