[vbox-dev] To handle natnetwork

Federica Renzi renzi.fede at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:50:32 GMT 2014

Hi,
I have a question about natnetwork.
When a virtual machine is activated, its natnetwork processes start to run:

   - /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxXPCOMIPCD

   - /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxSVC

   - /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxNetDHCP

   - /usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxNetNAT

Unfortunately, when that virtual machine is closed (and *no other vm which
use the same natnetwork is currently active*) those processes will be
closed too, causing connection fall.
There is some way to keep alive connection using API even while virtual
machine is closed?

I don't know If I explain correctly the problem...so I try again using my
personal example:

I create a netcat connection between my VM and another machine. Then, for
some reasons, I need to close in safemode the VM just for few seconds.
However, closing the VM, netcat connection fall.

How can I avoid that?

--
Federica Renzi