[vbox-dev] CPU detection problem

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Jan 31 18:20:25 GMT 2014

Laura,

it turned out to be a core counting bug (in code which is used only on
Linux), it got things wrong on such big systems, effectively it counted
only one socket. Slipped through for a while, but was fixed shortly
after 4.3.6 went out, so will be in 4.3.8 (no release date known).

"VBoxManage list hostinfo" and the /proc/cpuinfo details made this quite
clear...

Klaus