[vbox-dev] Port vboxapi to Python 3

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 06:49:13 GMT 2014

Here is the first patch from the set of patches I’m working on in order to port vboxapi to Python 3.

It addresses various syntax issues, indention issues and introduces some reformatting in order to conform the PEP8 style.
For compatibility with Python 3, I added branching at the very top of the file that adds unified print_ function, xrange and long.

This patch alone should bring Python 3 compatibility to the Windows platform because it does not use PyXPCOM.
Port of PyXPCOM to Python 3 is currently work in progress.

The patch is released under the MIT license.