[vbox-dev] how to get the ova version?

Valery Portnyagin valery.portnyagin at oracle.com
Mon Sep 16 05:36:45 GMT 2013

On 09/16/2013 04:58 AM, Fei Wang wrote:
> I'm sorry, maybe my expression is not clearly.
>
> Example:
> There is a OVA file.
> User A import this OVA file on his PC, User B also import this OVA file on his PC.
> Two UUID string can be got using command "VBxoManage list vms" on two PC separately.
>
> I found the two UUID is different, but the OVA file is the same one.
> Is there an attribute to indicate two system is derived from the same OVA file ?

Hello, Fei,
Those UUIDs are the newly created UUIDs. It acts like when a new VM is
created. A new unique UUID is created in this case. Thus, your UUIDs
can't be identical.
There are no any special attributes in the OVF/OVA package to identify
systems as the one.

--
Valery Portnyagin | VirtualBox Developer | (+7 812) 334 64 26
Oracle Development SPB