[vbox-dev] Virtualbox without VT-x crashes when running Android

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:39:46 GMT 2013

I can explain, but you won't like the explanation. Software
virtualization in VirtualBox is incomplete, and some commands are just
not virtualized correctly.

Windows 8 I think also _requires_ hardware VT to be ON.
Now it should not crash. It just should refuse to start VM. (at least
it should happen, if Android was officially supported guest OS)

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Louis Luo <louis.l.luo at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi Vbox developers,
>
> We are experiencing some crashes when we run Android X86 with Vbox on a
> system without VT-x. The App we run contains ARM code, so we add libhoudini
> to the VM (just like what AndroidVM does). When we start the App, Vbox
> crashes. If we turn on VT-x, it seems everything is just fine. Can anyone
> explain what happened here?
>
> Thanks,
> Louis

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"