[vbox-dev] Latest manual

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Mon Oct 21 21:55:51 GMT 2013

Le 21/10/2013 09:12, Michael Thayer a écrit :
> Hello Jean-Philippe,
>
> On 18/10/13 22:56, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>> ok so what's the preferred solution now? How can I trigger the 4.3
>> branch to update synchronously and, if possible, know when things
>> change?
> If you are interested in maintaining both manuals - the 4.3 one and
> the development tree one - in parallel, one way would be for me to
> send an e-mail to this list before minor version releases saying which
> change sets from the trunk manual were back-ported to 4.3.  Then you
> could copy over the relevant sections of text from the trunk manual.
> Does that seem reasonable?  As I said, I think that considering the
> 4.3 manual translation as finished and just continuing work on trunk
> would also make sense if maintaining two versions is a pain.

I propose 2 alternatives:
1. Give me the URK to checkout the 4.3 branch and, when there's a
change, simply notify me by mail (or notify here). I'll work then with
svn diff to patch.
2. I go on trunk, and you apply changes there in 4.3 release. But I'm
not sure it's possible given the dev process of vbox.

Hence: I propose the 1st alternative.

Sincerely,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail:texou at accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web:http://www.accelibreinfo.eu